Toothless is so far the only one with any real progress. I've been working on him ever since I got out of school, and let's just say I got more than I bargained for in terms of modeling-work. This guy is complicated 0_0...All these wings and wing-flaps, claws, legs, spikes, weird funny-ear-things-- he's definitely a full-on project. Not to mention I had to essentially model him twice since his concept-art look (what I referenced first) and his In-Movie look (what I looked at afterwards) are verrrrry different.
Fortunately right now I've finished the modeling stage, and I'm more than 75% done with UV-ing. Not easy when you poly-model and you're forced to have to UV...if it was NURBS i'd be in big business. NURBS were my original intention for this project, as I wanted more experience with them and the hassle that they are, but I found myself lost rather quickly since I don't have all the cool and insanely useful proprietary tools that the big studios have (in this case, Dreamworks.) Once Im done with UV-ing, it's off to Zbrush. Cant wait :)
As you may have noticed, if you have observed my site recently, I've taken down some old stuff that I thought wasn't really a good representation of where I'm at. I left the Monster model up though, just cuz he's cool, despite his (very) flawed execution, haha.
I've still yet to put up really good sketches from my sketchbook. My sketching ability seriously went up big-time since last year, I love it. I just feel more confident drawing now, and when I have an idea in mind, I'm able to not stray too far from it once executed. As soon as I get ink for my printer, which will then open the gates to my scanner working, I'll be able to scan. So...soon enough.
Next week is Alaska, cant wait to sketch :D